Benefits of Starting & maintaining a Meditation Practice:
1. Meditation Physically increases Grey Matter in the brain which translate into an improved ability to self regulate emotions, develop problem solving strategies, and respond calmly to stressful situations.
2. Long term meditation increases gamma brain waves which are associated with cognitive enhancement (i.e. information processing, short and long term memory, number sense, and brain speed).
3. 20 minutes of meditation a day demonstrated an improved ability to focus and performance on tests of cognitive skill, sometimes performing more than 10 times better than a non-meditating control group!
4. MRI results show meditation produced a greater reduction in pain than even morphine or other pain-relieving drugs, which typically reduce pain ratings by about 25 percent
5. Meditators have significantly reduced risk for mortality, myocardial infarction, and stroke in coronary heart disease patients. Meditation has been shown to lower blood pressure and psychosocial stress factors.
6. Meditation reduces depression; Mindfulness based meditation was found to be an effective intervention for anxiety and depression symptoms. Not only did meditation lessen symptoms, it helped to prevent recurrences.
7. Meditation decreases cellular level inflammation. Since inflammation is the root cause of many diseases, studies imply that meditation may reduce the chance of contracting disease.
Join us for an online yoga & meditation class and experience the benefits of meditation and well being for yourself.